Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Remembering Ricks!!!


The wonderful and oh, so fun - Birch Plaza. This is where I lived! :) #302 With Ari and Cali, #314 and #307 with Atalie, Jamie, Angie, Kim and Lauren!


I love Broulims - this is the local, family owned grocery store that was in walking distance for all the many of us students without cars. The best part was...


They delivered!!! For $1 they would deliver your groceries - to your door with the next hour! Ummm, that is awesome!!!!!!! Especially in the winter, without a car! :)


The good 'ol Sunrise Village! :) This is where the boys in our ward lived!


Melinda and Nicole got a good taste of the Winter experinence in Rexburg. Check out the snow compared to Melinda's car! LOL!


This is the moview theatre Arianne Cheney took me to - to see Titanic, one of her favorite movies. I saw many other movies there through my Ricks days!


FONGS!!! We loved this Chinese place! Atalie, Jamie and I would always go here or order from here. The best part was they delivered! Since it is so stinkin' cold in Rexburg, this is a big selling point! :)


Oh Craigo's, the yumminess and memories. I almost died when I got to the original location and it looked closed down. I asked someone and was glad to find out they were still in business, just in a new location. Atalie, Jamie and I ate far too many Craigo's breadsticks! (When I figured out the whole allergic to yeast thing at Ricks, Craigo's was the hardest to give up!)


The new location is just before you get to Wal-Mart on the right side of the road in case anyone is headed up there anytime soon! :)


AAAAHHHH YEAH! I did it. I successfully brought back Craigo's breadsticks to Atalie and Jamie. Craigo's was great I told them the situation and they let me take the raw dough home with instructions on how to cook them so Jamie and Atalie could have fresh breadsticks! I think it was a great surprise and a big hit for them both! :)

3 comments:

Rachel Barlow said...

crazy!! even i remember some of that...i remember i wanted to go to ricks like kate...but now i won't get near byu-i!!!

McKay and Rachel said...

Your groceries were delivered for one dollar!!! That is amazing. I would pay that every time! Looks like you had fun!

EJNielsen said...

I remember those breadsticks and pizza bombs!! I could smell them thru the pics! Glad you're doing well! Love Sis Hsu!