
I went with a couple of my friends (Becky and Jamie) to see the Festival of Tree at the Southe Towne Expo. It was quite the event. There were 100's of people coming and going. The traffic was a little crazy. Jamie has not been to one of the Utah In-N-Outs, so we went my the one in Draper for dinner. It was busy, but the employees always work fast and we got through the line and our food in no time. It was yummy, but funny to be freezing outside as we stood in line. :) There were performances my little kids and dance groups, Christmas trees and Gingerbread houses. I took A LOT of pictures, but here are some of my favorites.... Mostly the 'not typical' Christmas trees. :) Gotta love the BYU tree!! Go Cougars! (Of course there was a Utah tree too, but no need to take a picture of that one) :)

The Carebear tree was a fun one. This one with the stars and rainbow on it was my Carebear growing up... love that thing! :) I thought I was pretty spoiled when I got it.

Here is the full look of the tree.

One of the gingerbread 'houses' was the grinch's mountain and Whoville. Quite creative.

This one was intense... a little cabin look with a lot of sugar detail and work!

Probably my favorite were the two 'UP' houses. They were so cute and I just love that movie. :)

I liked the look of the first 'UP' house, but there were the characters (done very well!) on the second house... so cute!

This one is a classis 'country' tree... wow, the whole thing was yellow and green with John Deer tractors everywhere. :)

This one was CRAZY. I don't know if you really realize how big this was... can you see how much taller it is than those walking behind it? This one was not sold yet. Take a guess how much it was going for??........ $1250!! WOW, that is one expensive gingerbread house!

Such a detailed and cool 'Bird House'.

The little kids performing were HILARIOUS and SOOO cute! This little kids was my very favorite! As soon as he came on the stage he says (in a loud voice) where are my Mom and Dad, then the music starts and he tries to keep up while still looking for them. I think he found them because he started smiling and doing the rest of the dance. His partner was the tallest girl there and was definitely leading him... he was just hanging on for dear life! :) Too much fun! I loved it!

Can't you just tell what a character they both are... loved this performance! :)
3 comments:
I had a blast, so glad we went!! Always a fun time with you Kate!
What a great event to see during the holidays! Thanks for sharing these great pictures!
Those trees are amazing! I might have to go next year. I love the BYU and the Care Bear tree. So cute!
Post a Comment