
This amazing lady is my Grandma. Doesn't she look great?! :) I went to visit her and take some flowers for mother's day. I brought my camera and thought it would be fun to get some pictures of her. Here are a few...

My grandma loves to read. She reads the Ensign every month and the Church News. She enjoys fiction as well. She is always enjoying some new series.

She is also very talented with her hands. She has made quilts, afgans, clothes, wash clothes, aprons, items to use in the temple, bibs and blankets for grandkids and great grandkids, and so much more. In fact, she even made my mother and aunt's wedding dresses. That is amazing!

I am so blessed to have such a great example in my life. I wanted to take this shot with the focus on her hands. These beautiful hands have done years and years of service for so many. As I mentioned above, she has done and continues to do service for others by using her sewing and knitting talent. She has also had a beautiful yard and garden to use to provide food and flowers for many. She has made dinners and treats for many. My favorite thing to do is to make Grandma's Easter peanut putter and chocolate eggs and give them to friends and family. They are always a big hit! :) She always does her visiting teaching, she has served a full time mission (as a single adult in her 70's). She has written and supported her grandchildren while on missions. She has served in temples, done family history, written and published her personal history, come to many graduations and weddings. She ALWAYS remember everyone's birthdays and sends a card. She is generous, loving, active, healthy and a true follower of Christ. I am SOO grateful for her wonderful example, service and love. I love you Grandma! You are the best! :)

She was being a good sport and letting me take all sorts of pictures and angles. She made a funny face near the end, so I had to include it. :)

5 comments:
Oh, this makes me miss my Grandma. And, excited to be a grandma someday. Your pictures are gorgeous. Can you come take some of our family?
Wow these are great pictures! I am happy that you took your camera and that Grandma did such a great job being your model! Awesome!
You did such a wonderful job with these pics Kate! They are beautiful! You are developing an amazing talent. I was wondering if you could e-mail me these pics so I can have them on my computer too, they are just so precious. If you don't mind that would be amazing...my e-mail is miss_julene@hotmail.com. Great job!
You did a great job! I love the pics. I saw them on Facebook too.
Love these pictures and I love Grandma!
Post a Comment