First, Melinda Rachel and I were finishing up a little earlier than we were expecting to on Saturday, so we talked about maybe just driving home that night, rather than sleeping the night at my cousins and leaving the next morning. We were leaning towards doing that at about 4:00. After a nice dinner with a friend, that ended up running later than we anticipated, we decided not to drive home that night. I still wanted to, just to get home and rest before I had to go back to work today, but even as we were talking about it we all felt like we should not push it and we should just wait to go back the next morning.
Well, Saturday night there was a tragic accident involving two buses with the American Fork Band. The first bus was in a terrible accident resulting in the teacher passing away and injuring other students. Well, if we would have left when we had originally planned to, we would have been in the same spot on the I-15 as those buses were.
Also! I had a bit of a car problem... it is that time in my batteries life to be done... so, when we stopped to gas up in Malad, ID - my car would not start. I needed a jump start. Two lessons learned here. One: If we had left the night before... there might have been even less people around to help us out. Two: always have jumper cables. My Dad would be so sad... I did not have jumper cables. When I bought this car, it did not have jumper cables. I thought.... oh, I will not need them right away... I will get them later. Well, later came and went and I never got them. So, there we were, stuff in Malad with no cables and believe it or not, no one else (including the hunter man next to us) had jumper cables. Luckily, Chevron was prepared and had them, so we bought them. The kind hunter man helped us jump star the car and we were on our way. Needless to say, I did not turn my car off at any of the other pit stops on the way home. Beside Melinda's quote 'I just decided I could never live in the country' - my favorite quote of the trip was when Mr. Hunter Dude said 'What kind of a Man am I, I don't even have jumper cables?' Hey, he said it, not me.
So, needless to say I feel very blessed and very looked after. Also, I now have jumper cables in my trunk if any of you need me to help you out! :)


3 comments:
What a blessing! Some of my YW were in the accident - and are fine. But, I'm glad to hear you avoided it!
Wow! Good job following promptings! I had a roommate from Malad! Were you driving down from Rexburg? I am glad you were safe and everything worked out!
Wow! Thank goodness for chevron! I'm glad you guys were safe. It sounds like it was a fun trip.
Post a Comment