Day 6 - March 2, 2010
ZIP LINE!!!! Today, Corrine was kind enough to go on the zip line adventure with me. IT WAS SOOO FUN!! We were literally zipping through the jungle. We were in the area where they filmed the Predator... for all of you film buffs. After we were really high up the mountain and on one of the longer lines, Bruno, one of our guides, asked me if I wanted to do something crazy. Corrine said she didn't but said I did. So, I went tandum with him, backwards. Once we intertwined our legs we let go of the hands and really felt like I was flying. Going backwards and letting go, was a little scarier than I thought, but it was fun! :)
This is a great picture to show you some of the view I was seeing as I was 'flying' through the jungle. :) Have I mentioned yet... I love Mexico! :)
Here is my brave sister, Corrine. She was a lot more nervous about the zip line.... but she was such a sport for doing it!! Thanks Reenie!
How's the form look? Am I ready for the big lines yet?!
Here's Bruno sending me onto my first line. I am rocming that harness and hat! lol!
We took a taxi to the meeting point... the tequila shop. You got a tour of how they make tequila and all the free samples you want. Who knew they had different flavors of tequila. Needless to say, everyone we were with were loving the free drinks. Corrine and I busted out our lifesavers and books, waiting for everyone to be done.

As we were waiting for the bus to come get us and take us up to the zip line, Corrine and I were wondering around looking at things. Here is some of the construction work they were doing behind the shop. So interesting how they build things there. It doesn't seem all the way thought out, but things are standing, so it must be.
This was a little funny. Small, small house... but it's got a dish and most likely a large TV and stereo system. As I have traveled here and there in Mexico... I have noticed that their technology is a lot more inmportant than their living situations.
Day 5 - March 1, 2010
Today we decided to stay at our hotel and eat at the Fiesta Night. It was fun to not travel into town, but the food was about the same as what we eat for lunch everyday, so it was a little boring. Here is Melinda posing by the saddle. The cups in front may, or amy not be used for shots of tequilla. :) We were just going for the sadle, fiesta feel in the picture.
Here is our 'happy' chef at the fiesta. Either he was unhappy to be part of our Fiesta pictures, or he was going for the football, too cool to smile, look?! :)
LOVED all the sunsets and great colors of the sky and oceans each evening. So beautiful.
Here is a a little silhouette picture of the fiesta dancers during dinner.
Day 4 - Feb 28, 2010
Today we just totally relaxed!! Laying by the pool, reading, playing games and relaxing. This is the only day it rained. Thankfully it only rained while we went in to show and get ready for the evening... so it was not bad, at all. I tried to practice a little photograghy... Here is a bird going in for the landing on the rock and below are the rocks right outside our room. There were birds and grabs on the rocks, it was so fun to be close to all that and to just be able to go outside and breathe in all the fresh air. I am so used to being inside, I was in heaven being outside so much.... I need Springtime and nice weather to come to Utah!
Day 3 - Feb 27, 2010
I took down my new Nikon camera so I could practice with it. We only went to town at night, so there was a limited about of things I shot, but here is the main street in downtown part of PV.
Here is a cool statue in town.
Melinda and I with the dancers statue.
This tree was crazy. It was huge and had taken over the fence. Can you see how the fence has now grown into and around the tree.
That fruit is crazy. I don't know what it is, but look at the size of it next to the tomatoes.
Tonight we went to a German restaurant. Corrine and Melinda (who both served their missions in Germany) were loving it. It was okay food, but the lame part was they only took cash.... really, no credit cars?! That is crazy. Luckily, we had just switched over barley enough pesos for the meal. Needless to say, we won't be going there anymore. We like earning miles on our meals to go towards our next trip. :)

4 comments:
looks like you guys had a blast! i'm so glad you enjoyed it!
It was TONS of F-U-N! You are good for braving the zip line. I am glad I stayed back and enjoyed the pool at the hotel. :)
I love everything about this trip! Sisters! Food! Beautiful scenery! Fun activities! I am glad you got to go!
That fruit is called Jack fruit. It's yellow on the inside and not very sweet. Also kinda stinks once it's opened.
Post a Comment