Day 2 - Feb 26, 2010
This is what we had to wake up to and begin to soak up! :)
Here I am, TOTALLY enjoying my first (of many) Costa Vida Specials. This might be my favorite drink, ever! It is a mixture of a pina colada, strawberry daiquiri, and some oranges too. Our 'regular' pool side guys are Victor and now Flavio. They know we always have no alcohol in the drinks, but it is always funny when you get a new guy and they look at you and say no booze? But you are on vacation? Nope, no booze needed, we have PLENTY of fun without it. :DAlisa and I were only out by the pool/ocean for a couple hours, then it was time to head into town to meet Melinda at the airport.
Melinda needed to work one more day, so she flew in Friday to meet us. Alisa and I thought it would be funny to make a sign for her. We always tease Melinda with her name in Mexico. We say it like - Mi Linda - (My beautiful) to the cab drivers and they take another look in the mirror and say si, mmi linda!! :) She just loves it.... so, I made a sign, still using her spelling, but representing how we say it in Mexico. I wish we could have gotten a good picture of her face when she finally saw the sign. She rolled her guys and said 'you guuuuuysss'! :D Great fun!
After enjoying the sun a little more after picking up Melinda, we headed into town and ate at Pipi's one of our favorite fajita places. There are other pictures of that, I will have to get and add here later. We watched the speed skating finals where Ohno was disqualified while we waited for our food. The picture above was what we got to enjoy as we played games, read our books and headed to bed. :)DAY 1 -Feb 25, 2010

We have arrived!! So, happy to be in Mexico. Here are a coule shots of the cute little place we stay at. My oldest sister has a timeshare, here in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - so we have the best vacation ever and get to got bask in the sun here in February.... right about when I am sick of the cold drabby weather of Winter. :) Our little kitchen.

Here is a good view right as you walk in, past the kitchen. Love all the bright colors.

Since myself and three sisters come, we move that table and chairs and pull out the hide-a-bed in the 'couch' and two of us sleep on that one. The two that get that spot are Alisa and myself. Alisa had the WONDERFUL idea to bring a blow-up mattress to put on top of the 2 inch 'mattress' that is already there. I thought she was being a little extreme in bringing that heavy thing all the way to Mexico.... but let me publically eat my words here.... I was wrong.... the mattress idea was pure genius and I am so thankful for the more comfortable bed! THANKS, Alisa! :)

I couldn't help myself... as we were in the cab driving to our place from the Airport, this is what I saw... therefore, the need to pull out the camera was there... and I did so! :)
2 comments:
Gorgeous! And what a fun time to share with your Sisters!
Love the pictures! I', so jealous! Just enjoying the turquoise dream, right?? oh wait that hawaii!! lol
Post a Comment