Monday, July 28, 2008

Eternal Perspective

This last week and weekend has been a very emotional and shocking time. As many of you know, Ginger Zierenberg Clinton passed away suddenly July 20th. I got the phone call from my sister, Melinda. I will never forget that call. It was horrible! I could say anything expect, what?! Then Melinda was crying as much as I was and all I could say was, I am sorry. We both went to church and did our best to make it through sacrament meeting. By the time we left, my eyes were red and puffy and Melinda's were even worse.

I felt like I was re-living the emotions and numb feeling of when I found out about Sandi Potter's death. It is just so so so heart-breaking to see someone you love and care about taken so early. I am so grateful for my knowledge and testimony of the plan of salvation. It helped me get through Sandi's death and has been helping me get through Ginger's death. I know this life is not the end. I know that Ginger is in a happy, peaceful place where she has been called to help in some of Heavenly Father's important work.

Ginger had such a zeal for life. Ever since I met her (I believe I was in junior high) I have loved her. She was always so friendly, kind and open to everyone. She had the best laugh. She made you in a better mood just being around her. I remember many trips to Magic Mountain, down to LA, stake dances, etc with Melinda and Ginger. They were always so nice and let me "tag along" with them.

I have seen what a great, supportive, loving and encouraging friend she has been to Melinda through all the drama of high school and college. I know they have so many wonderful memories together. I am so grateful to have known her and been affected for good by the amazing person she was. I will miss her!

Ginger was very in love with her wonderful family. I know her husband and kids will miss her greatly. I pray they will be given the strength and comfort they need throughout their lives.


I went looking for some older pictures of Ginger. This was us in 1995 taking one of Melinda's EFY friends, Stacy - to see the sites of LA. Talk about polar opposites, we went to the LA Temple Visitor Center and Rodeo Drive.


Gotta love the hair and outfits back in the day. This was me dressed up, because my T-shirt was tucked in. :)


Stacy, Ginger and Melinda (I know Melinda loves this jumper picture:) )


Jason, Ginger and their beautiful family: Erin, Jenna, Brady, and Holly

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so sorry! ):

Leslie said...

Kate - that was a lovely post. She will be missed by many. I liked seeing your old pictures together!

MEB said...

What a beautiful post. I totally remember out trip to Rodeo Dr. Why did I EVER think that jumper was cute? What fun memories!

Love you!