This was my favorite trip. It was so neat to be able to see all the Mayan ruins and learn more about them. I think our great tour guide helped me enjoy the trip even more. Edgar did a great job helping everyone learn and enjoy our surroundings.One of the coolest part of the area was the acoustics. They built the temple and other buildings in such a way that there were amazing acoustics. You could clap and it would echo back. Also, our tour guide would walk back away from us and not talk any louder, but we could still hear him. They could have the leader at the top of the temple and many people down below could hear it. I'd like to think King Benjamin had great acoustics on his tower as well. :)
We did not get the chance to have an LDS tour guide since we were on a all day tour. But we ran into a couple from Orem in Wal-Mart who told us about their tour at Chichen Itza. She told us that there were 2000 pillars the Mayans built in honor of 2000 soldiers that came and protected their city. I thought that was very cool. Maybe it is true...
A lot of the Mayan stuff had to do with serpents. It is amazing the buildings and art work they built. It was truly amazing.

4 comments:
So glad you had such a great time. I love all your pics. What a fabulous way to spend your birthday! :-)
Oh, I am jealous. I have always wanted to make it to see those ruins! Maybe soon!
Wow, so much to see and do in Cancun! Great pictures!
This was a great post on our trip. I enjoyed reading about it.
Post a Comment