Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why do I love this so much?

Some might ask, why do you like the 'Deadliest Catch'? Honestly, I am not sure why I love to watch this show so much, but I just do. It is so fascinating to see all the crazy stuff that fishermen go through. It is also so funny to see the 'drama' these 'non drama' type people end up having. I think I like the Amazing Race because I can live through those on the show. This show is not the same situation. I think I like it because there is NO WAY I would ever want to or would ever do that job... but I like to see what it is like to work on the Bering Sea.
My roommate and I were watching the show tonight and I was telling her my sisters hate this show and do not know why I like it. So, it made me think, why do I kike it. My roommate said you have to post about it.... so here it is. My post about the 'Deadliest Catch'. It is weird, I know... but I enjoy watching it. I don't even like crabs, but I like to see how they are caught. :)

9 comments:

Emily said...

That is hilarious! Do you also like Ice road Truckers? (:

MEB said...

You are too funny! That is one show I won't watch with you. :)

Corrine Barlow said...

Oh my word! I have seen this advertised and thought who in the world would watch this show. Great, my own sister! Have you ever had a nightmare from a show?

Kate said...

LOL - Corrine, Melinda asked me the same thing... no I do not get nightmares from watching this. I am not like you and Melinda, the shows I watch rarely, if ever, carry over into my dreams.

Melinda said...

I am a total Discovery Channel addict, but have never watched an episode of Deadliest Catch...I think I may have to now!

EJNielsen said...

I love this show!! We just moved and don't have cable and I miss watching this show!! Has Phil made his comeback yet? How's Keith's brother doing?! If no one will watch it with you I will!

Kate said...

I don't watch them in order all the time, so I am not sure about Phil but Keith's brother is doing better. Glad you love the show too! :) Hopefully you get cable again soon, so you can enjoy more crab fishing. :)

Whodathunked! said...

I love this show too! Spence introduced it to me. At first I just watched it because he did, but now I'm hooked! No fishing pun intended there... :)
I think one of the reasons it intrigues me, is that my dad used to work on a fishing boat up in Alaska. What a crazy job!

Unknown said...

I heart the Deadliest Catch!