Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oquirrah Mountain Temple Open House

Melinda, Brock, Mariela and I went to the Oquirrah Mountain Temple open house today. I have seen the progress along the way since this temple is near my Grandma's house. It was so great to see the finished product. As usual, the church did a great job. The temple if gorgeous!
Here are to views of the temple. It has the look of the St. Louis and Rexburg temples.
Shortly after finishing the temple and right before the open house began, the Angel Moroni was struck by lighting. You can see how the face and arm are black from the hit from the lightning. They will have to replace this before they dedicate the temple.
It is so cool how you can see three other temples from this one. Above is as close as I could get to the Salt Lake Temple.
Here is the Jordan River Temple...
And then there is the Draper Temple. So neat to have so many so close together. South Jordan is the only city in the world to have two temples in its city boundaries. Sooo cool!
We even ran into some friends from home. The Garrett's were up here visiting and we happen to be at the temple open house at the same time... what a small world.
Mariela and I - this is my wonderful roommate. I really want to learn Spanish sometime... this is the wonderful woman who will be helping me when I do it. :)
Brock's friends met up with us and we all enjoyed the open house together.

4 comments:

Corrine Barlow said...

OK, I am jealous you got to do this. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for you, just wishing I could go. I love that you saw the Garrett's there.

MEB said...

Two temple open houses in one year. I love it! It's such a beautiful temple. That picture of you and Mariela turned out great!

CDJohnston said...

Hey Kate! Stellar pictures of the SL valley! I makes me miss slc so much *sniffle.* Did you have a special zoom lens? The one of Moroni toasted by lightening is very clear. That's amazing.

Kate said...

Thanks... I love my camera. It is a cannon powershot, but it has 10x zoom. :)