Sunday, August 16, 2009

Overstock.com - - Big Fan!

So, I have decided to move over with my sister Melinda and rent out my place. We both had roommates move out, so we decided we rather move in together than have both of us have to find strangers to live it. I really lucked out with my last set of roommates... they are great. So, I decided I rather choose my roommate (Melinda) than take my chances with possible renters. So, for the last several weeks I have been slowly moving over. Wednesday, I had some of the guys in my ward come and help me move the 'big' items over to my new place. I am so grateful for their help. They were great, and quite speedy.
Since I was moving out, I needed to buy a couple things for my new room, one being a desk. I searched long and hard to find a desk that also closes, so you do not always have to be looking at your stuff on the desk. My first choice is what I got, a folding one. My second choice was going to be a roll down one. Either way, I wanted it to be able to close it. So, I found it on Overstock.com. Isn't it cute?! I love it. A big shout out to Overstock. The whole experience was great. The shipping was ONLY $2.95. Apparently, anything you buy is sent to you with $2.95 shipping. When I got the package, I started to put it all together and realized that one of the drawers was broken. I called the next day and they sent me a replacement, at no charge and I got it in about 3 days. It was great!
Also, a shout out to Rachel! I was able to use Rachel's PT Cruiser as my main source of moving transportation. If you do not have a truck... should definitely look into borrowing a PT Cruiser. This was SUCH a great little car that I could fit so much into. Thank you, Rachel, for all the use of your wonderful vehicle! :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Fun that you get to live with Melinda and earn money while someone rents your place!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, I need to come and see your room now! I've finally got mine almost put together, pictures are hung up! Love it!

Melinda said...

It is so hard to find good roomies...I'm glad you have your sis. Love the desk, btw!