Monday, January 18, 2010

Has it really been 8 Years??

Here I am... 8 Years ago, today... leaving my wonderful mission in Ohio. I look at this picture and can remember all of the crazy emotions I was feeling. I was so, so sad to leave Ohio and the mission work there, but I was also so excited to see my family and meet a nephew and neice I had never met. I also knew the 'real world' was waiting for me and I was not totally sure what my role in that world would be.
I pulled up a folder of scanned pictures I have on my computer and here are a couple of them that I found. This one is with Troy, who dressed up as Joseph Smith and came to one of our district meetings. What an amazing experience to have him come into the School of the Prophets and share Joseph's testimony and witness to us. I LOVE KIRTLAND! One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was hand my Whitney Store keys over to Elder Brown when I left Kirtland for Warren. I cried like a baby. I knew I would never have that access and opportunity again. How blessed I feel to have been able to serve in Kirtland for 6 months and bear testimony many, many times a day about the restored gospel, Joseph Smith's role in it and of the reality of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Thanks to Facebook I realized that today is Lindsay's birthday (my first greenie, above in the green). So fun that I have a connection with her birthday!
Football Hall of Fame.... clergy got in free... so I went a couple times... it was great! :)
Shaw and I with our District in Warren. We had some fun times and some great experiances here. What a great way to end my mission. I loved it. So, there you have it. A little walk down memory lane for me. I am sooo grateful for my mission, all the hard times and great times. I am so glad I had the chance to meet and work with so many wonderful people!! The scriptures say: 'Go to the Ohio' and I did and loved it! :)

8 comments:

Rosander said...

Oh man! That seems like just yesterday! It's amazing how fast time flies! Thanks for the birthday shout out! You're always so thoughtful! Sure love you. I'm thankful for everyday I got to spend with you. Thanks so much for all of the good times!

Emily said...

I cannot believe it has been that long! Time flies!

MEB said...

Wow-it's already been 8 years. Crazy! Those pictures bring back so many memories.

The Hagen's said...

Time flies when you're having fun!!!

Uffens Family said...

Man, feels like yesterday (especially looking at pictures) and yet seems like another world!! Oh I loved serving with you! So many memories!! We had so much fun doing the work! Thank you for being such a great trainer and setting the tone for my mission!
Love you!
PS...Elder Clark in that last picture cracks me up!

Kate said...

Lindsay and Rachel... you are both so nice! I loved serving with both of you. I was so blessed to have such great companions on my mission! :) I agree, Clark's face in the last one is hilarious. :)

Alisa said...

Hard to believe how fast time flies! Fun to see the memories!

Kari Clark said...

What fun memories! These pictures remind me of the way I remember you at Ricks - also super fun memories!