Saturday, October 4, 2008

One of my Favorite Weekends...

Conference weekend is one of my favorite weekends. I love hearing the great messages that have been prepared for all of us. This weekend is not different. I have loved the speakers we have heard from already. I really liked the optimism and positive thinking that seemed to be a theme with each talk. I especially liked the idea from Elder Wirthlin to laugh more. He is so right, there is plenty in life and even each day that can get us down or frustrate us. Laughing is a great medicine and treatment for the 'sickness" and troubles that come our way.

I always love how we can re-evaluate where we are with the Lord and our commitment to the Lord during the messages of Conference. I also love how Conference is always about the 'basics'. Living the gospel is, in all reality, a very simple, straight forward thing. I love the reminders of earnest and often prayers, service, charity, love, repentance, making and renewing our covenants and so much more.

I am SOO excited about all the temples under construction and the five more announced today. What a great and exciting time we live in. This is a marvelous work and a wonder. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. I was really moved by the Spirit as the temples were announced. I can remember when I was young and the idea of possibly traveling to see all the temples in the US was a feasible idea... I love that it is now not.

The above picture is my brother Brock and some other missionaries at the ground breaking of the El Salvador Temple. The picture in front of them is a drawing of what it will look like. It will be about two years before it is complete. How wonderful it will be for him and my other brother, Garrett, who also served in El Salvador, to return and attend that temple together with the members and their investigators.... what a great thing to look forward to! I cannot believe Brock will be home at the end of November. I am so excited to see him again. He is such a rock... looking forward to hearing all about his wonderful mission experiences.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What?! Brock will be home in November?! I can't believe it. That will be really cool for he and Garrett to go back together when the temple is finished.

Emily said...

This is my favorite weekend of the year too! Followed by the first week in April (: The talks have been so inspiring and I loved the primary children choir!!!! I cried every time they started singing! Also, I think the Philly temple will be our temple when we live in Hershey! I am grateful to have friends that feel the same way! Love You!

MEB said...

What a great weekend. I LOVED conference! I remember when I was younger thinking it was the longest weekend and now I wish it didn't fly by so fast.
I too was excited about the new temples, especially the one in Rome. That will be amazing. I just might have to go back to Rome to see it. :)

Alisa said...

Conference was great! I can't believe there will be a temple in Rome - or should I say, an LDS temple! :)