Friday, November 7, 2008

Give Thanks!

This is my favorite time of year is October, November and December.... you can decorate your house with so many fun things... Here is my November/Thanksgiving decor in the living room. I recently found the give thanks and the pilgrims.... love the new pilgrims. :)
With all that has been going on in the world lately, the phrase 'give thanks' is so perfect right now. I have thought a lot lately about how grateful I am for the many blessings I have in my life. I am so thankful to have the truth of the gospel, living prophets who are the mouth piece for the Savior. We are truly blessed to be lead by such humble and righteous men. I am so grateful for prayer and person revelation. I can know things for myself, I do not have to depend on someone else... I can pray and find out for myself... what a blessing. I feel so blessed to live in this great country were I have freedom of religion and the right and honor to vote and voice my opinion. I am eternally grateful for all those who have gone before me and sacrificed in order to make this country free and what it is today. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family. I love that my family is so close to one another and such good friends. I am so grateful for a place to live, a job, great roommates and so many other gifts I have. I will not bore you anymore. I will just end by saying how grateful I am for ALL I have and I hope we can all reflect on the many gifts and positive things in life that we each have.

5 comments:

Rachel Barlow said...

such cute decorations!! i love decorating for this time of the year too!

Emily said...

I love your 'Give Thanks.' I need some letters like that. We decided we would put our tree up Nov. 1 and decorate it Thanksgiving style until after that day and then switch it to Christmas. In our poor state right now we have just skipped right to Christmas (:

PS did you have to re-plug in all of your blog addresses when you changed backgrounds. I have never figured out how to get them to stay when I switch so I don't anymore. Any advise would be great!

I am thankful for you!!

Melinda said...

Your decorations are adorable! My Thanksgiving/Harvest decor is seriously lacking!

MEB said...

What cute decorations!

Alisa said...

One of these days I am going to be creative and decorate like you and Melinda do.