Saturday, April 5, 2008

"We thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet"


A co-worker told me yesterday she had tickets to Conference, but might not be able to use them. She ended up not using them so Melinda and I were able to go. I was so excited because I have never been to the Conference Center for conference. We had a great time. We ended up sitting on the very, very top row in the building - but it was still great just to be there and fill of the great excitement and Spirit.

I really enjoyed this mornings session as well. It was such an amazing experience to sustain our new prophet, President Monson. I was overwhelmed with the Spirit as President Uchtdorf presented the names of our prophet and apostles. I could not help but think of the 6 in New York it all started with. Now we have members all over the world. I also couldn't help but think of my mission and the chance I had/have to share this great message with others. Naturally, I thought of Brock in El Salvador. He is doing great things there and I am so excited for him and proud of him. I am truly blessed for the knowledge I have of the restored gospel, a modern, living prophet and my Savior. I just love Conference. I feel like it refuels me and regenerates me for the next 6 months!


After Conference we stopped by to see Grandma. She always looks so great in purple. I love being able to visit with her. She has set such a great example for our family. She is a living example of being steadfast in Christ and enduring to the end. Love you Grandma! :)

6 comments:

MEB said...

Thanks for inviting me. It was a lot of fun. Also, thanks for putting up with my craziness yesterday and for letting me use your coat! :)
Love you-M

Leslie said...

What a great experience!

Dave and Lorraine Barlow said...

So glad you were able to attend the conference "live"!! Great conference! Fun picture with grandma! Such a wonderful grandma!!

Zachary Bird said...

How fun for you.
One day I'd like to take the family. Ty really wants to go.

McKay and Rachel said...

Sound great! Glad you got to go.

Emily said...

You two are so beautiful! I also loved Conference to pieces!