Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tulip Festival!


I love tulips! My friend Cali wanted to go to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point, so I decided to go. I love tulips and I LOVE taking pictures to scrapbook later, so we went. It was a very, very windy day, but at least the sun was out. We had a great time.


Here is one of my favorite shots of some cool tulips.


There was a bag pipe guy - so cool! I loved the music and had to take a picture with him! :)


Kate, Cali and Mariela


Another great shot of the beautiful tulips. I have to say, I expected the tulip festival to be more of a "festival". I thought there would be rolling hills of tulips. Basically, more tulips than I have ever seen together. I am sad to say, that was not the case. It was more like rows of flower beds along a walkway. Yes, more tulips than I have seen in one area, but spread out and not nearly as overwhelming as I was hoping for. Still, with all that said, it was pretty and the three of us had a good time! :)

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I love tulips too! If you ever get the chance you should go to the Oakland Temple in the spring. They have the most beautiful and large tulips that I have ever seen.

Rachel Barlow said...

SUPER CUTE!!!! i love tulips too!! beautiful shots....especially the one with your hot face in it!! love it!!!

Alisa said...

Wow! Even if they were not overwhelming, they sure are beautiful! One thing Utah winters do give you is beautiful TULIPS. It seems that is a very common flower there! Thanks for posting!

Rosander said...

I love that first shot of you... You are so darling! I really hope all is well and that you are doing as well as you look, cause you look awesome! Love u.

Dave and Lorraine Barlow said...

So beautiful! So colorful! So wonderful! thanks, glad you went!

The Headrick Family said...

Pretty flowers...I love Thanksgiving Point we go when we come to visit. Great pictures!!

MEB said...

I LOVE tulips! These are great pictures and you look AMAZING!

Allie said...

Hi Kate! Okay, so it's been 9 years since we were roomies at Ricks (with Ang, Lauren, Kim, Atalie...). You probably don't remember me! I found your blog through Angie's. I love being able to read up on your life after all these years! You are still so beautiful! Check out my blog and see if my pics jog your memory!
Allie

Corrine Barlow said...

Great Pictures! I think you could make post cards with them. :) I am jealous of the experience but thankful you had it.