Friday, September 12, 2008

It's the simple things in life...

What can I say... it is the simple, little things in life that make me smile.... I have wanted a plant (a real one, not the fake plastic kind) for my cubicle for awhile. Once I decided to get one all the stores decided to not have any nice or even close to nice plants for me to choose from. My sister, Melinda, said we are just out of season for the plants you want. Out of season! I want them now, not later! Is that a selfish way to look at it?! Well, I was patient and I waited. Finally Home Depot had this cute plant - so I bought it. It is a palm, so I have a bit of California in my cubicle. :) I have to say, as dumb as it seems, it totally makes me happy every time I walk back into my cubicle! :) (It looks better in person, this is a cell phone picture).
What, you say?! Kate really took a picture of a fast food sack.... YES I DID! :) We now have El Pollo Loco in Utah! :) I found this out the other day, so I went there for lunch today! YUM, love that crazy chicken! Now all I need is a Baja, In-n-Out and Tito's.... I know, it'll never happen. I am so excited for my friends, Nate and Katie... they now live in Culver City so they can go to Tito's whenever they want!! YUM!

5 comments:

MEB said...

What? Where is El Pollo Loco? How exciting! Just so I don't sound retarded, I said we are in between seasons for plants. Plants never go out of season. :) hee hee

Emily said...

I can totally relate to how much warmth and happiness a plant can bring! I am happy for you and your cubical (:

Zachary Bird said...

You make me laugh.

Allison said...

You are soo funny Kate. I must say I agree with you that Utah is in need of a Baja Fresh. Yummy!

Whodathunked! said...

I found your blog!! Did you know that St. George now has an In-n-Out? And we have El Pollo Loco. Sounds like you need to come visit me in St. G. :) Check out our blog, but read the disclaimer first. We really are going for the marathon blog award.
-Carey