Monday, September 1, 2008

Tuacahn Theatre

Garrett, Leanne, Melinda and I went to St. George for a little culture. We went to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Theatre. The theatre was amazing. It was set up next to the red rocks of Southern Utah and there was honestly not a bad seat in the house. Even the grounds walking up to the theatre was very pretty (actually, more well kept than the temple grounds... more on this below).
So, you ask this, how did I like the play? Well, if you would like me to be honest, it was okay. Was I sad I went, no. Did I enjoy the beautiful music, yes. Was I so addicted that I would need to/want to go back and see this particular play over and over, no. So, overall I really enjoyed myself. I am sooo glad my friend spelled out the play and story line before I went. I would not have understood or appreciated nearly as much without that 'cliff note' version. So, thank you to Mindy for the 'cliff notes' and thank you to Leanne, Garrett and Melinda for suggesting the play, I am happy to say I have seen it and I had so much fun with all our adventures while driving down there! :) I am so happy the rain held out for a day and we got to have the full experience we wanted and paid for there! Diane and Justin (Leanne's mother and brother) met us there as well. It was fun to see them and spend some time with several good laughs while eating and, attending church and waiting a very long time for food. :)
Melinda and I decided to go by the St. George Temple since we rarely go to St. George; we are usually just driving through. I did not know that Melinda had never been. It is a beautiful Temple. It amazes me all the things the pioneers were able to do. Now, the grounds.... that was another, unfortunate story. Melinda was very surprised; as was I... the grounds are not at all up to par with the other temple grounds you see. All the grass was dead, the bushed were over grown, the trees were not trimmed and there was almost no color, other than green, to be seen. It was a little sad. We are both so used to such beautiful grounds... so it threw us off. Oh well, the Temple is beautiful and the work that goes on inside is still happening and wonderful.
We went to the visitor center and saw this new picture/painting. It was so fun to see the new presidency. This was the first one I have seen displayed anywhere. What great men we have leading us. I am so grateful to have living prophets.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome picture of the first presidency! I am glad you got to see Les Miz. I LOVE it!

Rosander said...

Oh what a fun trip. I would love to see Les Miserables at Tuacahn!

MEB said...

What a fun, crazy, lots of driving weekend! It was fun to "break in" your new car! I am glad we fit everything in.