Sunday, March 15, 2009

Disney On Ice!

Disney on Ice was in town, so I took Penny to see it. Penny is like a niece to me. She is a good friend's daughter. Her birthday is this month, so I figured it would be such a fun birthday present.
Recently, a Jazz player came to Penny's school and signed autographs. She was excited to see the two Jazz player statues and the big building where they play.
Here we are at Will Call... picking up our tickets for the big event.
Tinker Bell was a big fan favorite.
Peter Pan and Wendy.
Penny with her Flounder hat on. Look our close our seats were... they were so great! This Flounder hat came with Cotton Candy (which I introduced Penny to). It was a fun 'something' for her to take home.
It was really cute to see how into it she was. At several points in the program (this being one of them) she was sitting on the edge of her seat, making sure she did not miss any part of the action. So cute!
I have to say, the skating was really good. The show was entertaining and the skaters were great. Check out Eric's skills. :)
Ariel had 'fin pants' so she could still skate and show us her stuff.
Who doesn't like singing by Sebastian?! Even Simba and Nala had some serious moves. They were really impressive!

Hakuna Matata... What a wonderful phrase! Penny and I both had a great time at Disney on Ice. I would highly recommend it... it is a good time all around! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so sweet! Glad you enjoyed it as much and Penny did!

Rachel Barlow said...

looks like fun kate! i'm sure penny will always remember that! what a fun bday present! i'm sure you loved that flounder hat just as much as she did! :)

Emily said...

Mike took me to Disney on Ice for my birthday a few years ago and I loved it too! I can't wait to go again some day! What a great "auntie" you are! (:

MEB said...

Great pictures Kate! I can't believe what great seats you had. That is awesome. It looks like you had a blast. Penny will always remember that night.

Rosander said...

K what a fun gift. That looks like it was a blast! Penny is adorable and where in the world did her mom get that sweater? So cute. I really do want to know... I love it!

Emily said...

We did have a Great Green Dinner and it was great! Thanks for remembering! (:

Emily said...

P.S. I changed my blog background and you are my hero for telling me how to save my settings!!! Love you! Happy Spring

lorraine said...

Disney on Ice! What a fun event to enjoy with Penny. You are so creative and thoughtful!