I had to come to our San Jose Office for work.... so, after my work was done, I decided to drive the 3 hours North to see my brother and his family. Todd is currently stationed at Beale Air Force Base, so they are living up here. I have had a great time so far playing in the backyard on the swings and in the front yard shooting some hoops. Here is cute little Hallie on the swing.
Can you tell Jared had just had some chocolate pudding... cute little climber boy!
TJ was showing off his big muscles by doing pull ups... Nice going TJ!
When I got here Friday, it was almost time to pick TJ up from school, so Jared and I walked to the school to pick him up. He saw me before I picked him out of the hundreds of kids running my way. He gave me a big hug.... I couldn't believe how big he was. Also, I noticed he had one tooth in the middle... a little out of place. I asked if it was loose.... and sure enough it was... that is the reason for it hanging out there in the middle and a bit sideways. It was loose enough I could pull it out, but tight enough it would still hurt a little. I asked TJ if I could do the honors of pulling it out, but he did not like the idea. I fed him an apple, hoping to get it out... but smarty pants TJ ate the apple on the side of his mouth. TJ was suppose to have his baseball team pictures taken today (it ended up being cancelled because of rain). I told him the tooth was calling for Aunt Kate to get it out before the picture. He laughed and said... no it's not. Well, right before we were leaving... literally seconds, as we were all putting on our shoes.... TJ comes running into me and says... you don't have to worry any more, it came out! It came out before pictures! Jared and TJ were playing in the room and Jared went to punch TJ in the stomach, so TJ leaned forward and Jared's sweatshirt somehow caught onto TJ's tooth. In a matter of seconds TJ was missing his two front teeth and Jared's sweatshirt was in the perfect place at the perfect time. TJ looked around and saw his tooth on the floor, that is when he caming running to show me. So, here is the new smile for TJ...
Wow, there is a big gap in the front there. He can even make a hissing sounds with his teeth closed. There was some blood, but no tears and Aunt Kate was happy to be part of it all. TJ has already put the tooth in a zip lock bag under his pillow so the tooth fairy will bring him some money. So, cute - -I have loved being around kids... they are always a good time! :)
Sunday was my last day there, so we had to take some family pictures.
Such cute kids. It was so fun to be with them. TJ decided he was not going to smile for all of the pictures... too bad one of those non smiling ones was when I was trying to get a group shot... oh well, kids will be kids.I remembered late Saturday night that I needed a picture with Todd. We took several shots where one of us looked bad and then we were laughing so hard, he finally took the camera and we got this one... if nothing else, it is a fun shot with a good memory too. :)



5 comments:
What fun pictures! The kids look SO grown up! I am glad you got to spend some time with them.
What a fun bonus that you got to see family!
You are always going somewhere fun!
I appreciate you sharing pictures of my darling grandchildren!! Great pictures and a fun visit for you!
So fun you got to visit the YC Barlows! These are great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment