Saturday, March 7, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Melinda, Garrett, Leanne, Nicole and I all went to the Draper, Utah Temple Open House. It was great. The Church always does such a great job of making each temple a beautiful thing. We were told that the granite for the exterior came from China, the inside tile came from France and all the cherry wood came from Africa. Everything was really amazing. I love all the paintings and murals.
It is so exciting to see all the work the Church is doing with Temples all over the world. This might make me sound old, but when I was first in College, I thought how cool it would be to visit all the temple in the US. Back then, that was a feasible task. I am happy to say, that it is no longer feasible. Temples are truly beginning to spot the earth and I am so grateful to see it happening!
There is also a meeting house that shares the same parking lot with the temple. They had refreshments, more pictures and plenty of missionaries available for all the visitors. It was very nice. We actually ended up seeing a lot of people from our ward and stake. I think the stake must have gotten all the tickets for this weekend.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I loved it too. It really is wonderful to see the church moving forward!

MEB said...

It was a fun night. I am glad we got to go together.

Corrine Barlow said...

I am jealous. I would have loved to have been there. I am glad you guys got to experience it. It is amazing that the supplies came from all over the world. Thanks for sharing.

lorraine said...

So happy that you all enjoyed this open house. We are so blessed to have Temples and I agree that are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing this experience with us!