Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day Fun...

Last week we went to Angela and Sean's house for Mother's Day Dinner. David and Donna's family came over for dessert. We all had a great time with lots of yummy food.
We celebrated Melinda and Austin's birthdays. Angela made him a very cool, football cake. Here they are blowing out the candles.
If Garrett comes over, Austin is in heaven. He is so cute about it. He thinks Garrett is so fun. He is excited that my other brother, Brock, will be here soon.
Melinda thought it would be fun to make a fruit pizza, so she had a lot of helpers. Here is the finished product.
Grandma's therapist told her that using a brite lite would help her gain strength again in her left hand. So, my mom asked us to go get her one for her Mother's Day gift. Grandma was very excited about it. I have to say... times have changed... lite brite's use to be huge boxes, now it is a skinny, thin thing. We got her batteries in case she wants to ever turn on the light and actually make a picture. I love my grandma. She has been through a lot lately with her stroke and all and she is pushing through it. She is such a fighter and a great example to me. I am super excited... In a month we will be having a reunion for her 90th birthday. I am excited for all the family (I believe there are 96 of us) to be together and for her to see all her kids, grand kids and great grand kids. :)

1 comment:

MEB said...

That was such a fun day! I can't wait for our Memorial Day get-together!