
Our stake was one of many asked to go to Temple Square and help take care of the grounds.

I absolutely love how Temple Square always looks so fresh, groomed and beautiful! We went to help remove the older (barely beginning to wilt) tulips and plant a handful of new flowers. It was probably the best gardening experience I have ever had (minus when Melinda accidentally threw a plucked tulip on my head :)) The ground was soft, fertile and ready to be worked on. They even layed all the flowers out so we would not have to even think about the color schemes - - it was all done for us! :)

It was so great to see so many people just roll up their sleeves and get everything done. We finished in half the time they expected us to take. Melinda, Nicole and I went over to the Beehive House and took a tour with Rich and Debbie (my aunt and uncle). They did a great job. I really enjoyed seeing them and seeing more of the history we have here. I realized I need to set a Saturday aside and really do the whole Temple Square experience. I also gave Rich and Debbie the "Joseph Smith's Kirtland" book I had signed for them by the author, Karl Anderson. They were very grateful for it. I guaranteed Rich that he would want to go to Kirtland again once he read this amazing book! :) I am sure you can guess I am quite partial to the Kirtland area! :)

4 comments:
Kate you look like a gardening pro!
What an awsome activity Kate! I would love that!
Yea!
you and nunna have the same pictures.
My kids think it's cool.
We did this 2 years ago with our youth and the funny thing is... I swear we were working in the same spot you took those pictures. We couldn't get over that they wanted us to pull everything up as well. Crazy, but it always look amazing:)
Post a Comment