For our ward service project I decided to sign us up to help Habitat for Humanity build a home. They are currently building a home in Orem. Here is the house, so far.
Preparing the braces to be nailed in between the main beam and the other cross 'bar'.
Over all, the activity went well, but we had a little communication hiccup - I have emailed the contact for Habitat for over a month to coordinate the activity. We showed up with our paperwork (signing our life away and agreeing not to sue if we cut off a limb :)) - ready for our assignment. I soon found out that they did not even know we were coming. The main Habitat girl somehow did not pass on the information to the actual site people, so they were not really ready for our large group. We still helped and worked (even if it was just moving large rocks to a corner spot on the lot). But, it was frustrating that I had done all I could to be organized and ready and it was still not organized. Oh well, in the end, we still got most of the roof done and several beams secured in the interior.It must have still been a good activity because many people asked about coming again. So, I have he email address of the site contact and we will be going again when they hang the sheet rock (sp?). They always need a lot of people for that part of the build. So, stay tuned for that post. :)






2 comments:
Looks like so much fun!!! Way to go!
Looks like tons of fun! You had a VERY busy Saturday. :)
Post a Comment