Sunday, April 19, 2009

SHOUT OUT where a shout out is deserved!

Carrie Prejean - represented California in the Miss USA pageant... yes, I watched some of it. I am glad I was able to see the part I saw. She ended up being the 1st runner up (2nd place), but she is #1 in my book. Her judge's question, at the end, came from Perez Hilton (how on earth did he get to be a judge... it goes to show you how 'up-scale' Miss USA really is). Anyway, back to my shout out. Carrie was asked by Perez man if she thinks all states should legalize same sex marriage. She hesitated a little because the crowd was stirring and making noise. She gave a typical pageant first half with - that is why America is great, we all have the right to choose and we all have the opportunity to voice our opinion. But the second half of her answer is where she impressed me. She said, but as for me personally, I was raised and I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anyone, but that is what I believe. You go girl! I was pleasantly surprised that the crowd was very loud and cheered all the way until the next contestant walked up for her question.
Not only was I happy that she stood up for her beliefs that a marriage is and should be between a man and a woman, but it makes it all the more wonderful that she was representing the state of California in the moment she voiced her opinion. See people, the people of California have legally and orderly voiced their majority opinion that we want marriage in California to be only between a man and a woman. How many times do the people of California have to vote and state our opinion before the liberal judges and other politicians try to over-ride it and change it.
Okay, there you have it. Way to stand up for what you believe in, Carrie, even in a very public and difficult setting! :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go CA! That is awesome! I am sad I missed that!

Laura said...

I didn't see that. I am glad to see people standing up for what is good and right! Thanks for sharing!

Rosander said...

I saw it too. I was happy that she had the guts to sand up for what she believed!

MEB said...

That is awesome! I love it when people stand up for what they believe it. That is so cool that the audience cheered her on as well. It gives me hope in America. :)

Melinda said...

Yay! That gives me hope that America really is a little closer to my version of "normal". Thanks for sharing!