Conference Time, means reunion time! We had a mission reunion April 3rd up in Salt Lake. President and Sister Cutler (above) have recently decided to move to Missouri. They have a couple of their kids there, so they have more of a link than just Church History there. :) They are trying to sell their home here in order to start looking for a place there. Crazy that they will be selling and moving, but I wish them the best of luck.
Green was an elder I served with towards the middle/end of my mission. He drove from Arizona for the reunion. It was good to catch up with him and hear all about the real estate market in Arizona... it is doing well, FYI.
Green, Gailey and Wyman. DeEasta, Julie and I were all in the MTC at the same time (different districts, but we flew to the mission together). Julie is expecting... congrats Julie! :) Because of end of quarter/end of fiscal year at work, I was not able to make it to the reunion until the very last part of it. I know I missed seeing some, but I am glad I was able to just be there for even part of it. I realized when I got home I stood and talked to Jill Olsen and her husband forever and never took a picture. :( so sad.... sorry Jill, still love you!
During Conference, I was making baby books, sorting and filing. I had a bazillion T-shirts, so I decided to sort them and get rid of as many as possible. In my PILE of T-shirts, I found this one.... ahhhh! Such great memories! One of my district leaders made us all our own 'Title of Liberty' T-shirt. (I am 99% this was in Lorain). I love this T-shirt. I took a picture to show all of you and also to preserve the memory since this T-shirt might be too thin to even be able to use it for a T-shirt quilt... I will try to use it, we will see. I cannot believe this all happened 8 years ago... wow, I must be getting old! I love the baptism symbol on the front. :)
Shout out to all OCMers!! Love my mission! :)
Conference was so great! I really felt like the main theme was temple work and all things leading to the Temple. I have been so blessed to be near a temple here in Provo... I need to do better about getting there even more often, it is so close. It has also been such a treat to be able to go to the Draper Temple Open House and I am totally looking forward to the opportunity to go to the Oaker Temple Open House in a couple of months. The news had a great piece about the Panama City Temple in between Conference.... Temples are truly beginning to spot the earth and it is so exciting to be part of it.
I also loved all the talks about missionary work and being an example to those around us. Standing for high morals and good values. Also, I really felt like another theme was 'be of good cheer' and 'this too shall pass'. There is so many challenges going on in the world, so many opportunities to be taken from the path or beat down... but the Lord know all our struggles and had provided a way to get through it all.... What a blessing - we know this and can lean on the Lord through all our trials and tough times. I am so grateful for my membership in the Church and so grateful for modern prophets and their guidance. What would I ever do without the knowledge and love of my Savior.... who knows... luckily I will never have to find out.
Love you all... hope you had a great conference weekend. Thank you to each of you for your friendship and love. I can say of all those I know look at this... you have all impacted my life for good and I thank you! :)

2 comments:
I too LOVED Conference weekend! I am glad you got to go to your mission reunion! That is such a fun tradition!
K I wish I could have made it! Next year no matter what! I won't feel too bad leaving my kids. Looks like it was so much fun. May be we should have a get together! I hope all is going well.
Post a Comment