#1 - I am a huge BYU fan. I know - you already know this. But, I really do love going to and watching most all sports. I have to admit the whole soccer and hockey thing is still tough for me because I do not like low scoring games or anything that CAN end in a tie. A tie!!!! Why did we even come to the game, no one won! My favorite sports to be at are Football and Basketball. They are so exciting and I usually lose my voice from yelling. After a couple games with my cousin Drew, 3 or so years ago, I became a big fan of volleyball. I like the boys more than girls (they can jump higher and hit harder). So, this year Garrett and Leanne had my name for Christmas and see below to see one of my fantastic gifts! :) GO COUGARS!

#2 - I love yellow. I always have and I always will. It is just bright and cheerful. I never get tired of getting yellow quilts, blankets, stuffed animals, journals, shirts, etc that people give me. I think that is why I love Suzy’s Zoo so much. The main character is a bright yellow duck! In fact, I rather get yellow flowers/roses than red. Forget what the colors are supposed to mean. Boys that have dated me have realized yellow means love more than red (for me) because that means you know me well enough to choose the yellow ones! :)
#3 - I am addicted to Law and Order SVU. Bensen and Stabler are the best detectives ever! I can and sometimes do watch a quick TNT episode every night. That has not happen lately because the lame Monk or Psych shows are on instead. My former roommate Melanie got me started on them and now I am addicted. It probably helps that I love mystery and detective work. I have always wanted to go into law enforcement and be a detective of some sort. I chose not to because it is not the most “Mom” or family friendly career – so I live our my dreams through SVU! :)
#4 – Okay, okay – so I still love stuffed animals. (I know Melinda is laughing right now). What do you do with them, where do you put them – who knows, but I think they are so cute I just want them. My newest purchase was a little Flounder from “The Little Mermaid” He is so cute (and yellow)! :) Don’t worry, he was half off. So, I have tamed down this habit as I have gotten older, but it is still there.
#5 – My favorite time of year is Christmas. I LOVE to decorate for Christmas. I was introduced to a new store (Thai Pan) this year and it was fantastical! Such cute things for not too much cash! I bought enough to have to buy a new bucket to store them in. I also splurged and got a decent size tree this year instead of a little 2 ½ feet - nothing tree. I had so much fun decorating. It is always hard and sad to take it all down. But, I did get a new Nativity set from my parents to add to my collection for next year. So, I am already excited about that!
#6 – Okay, I’ll say – I LOVE to scrapbook. People always say they do not scrapbook because it is so stressful. What colors to use, how to place the pictures, what to write by the pictures.... etc. I actually find it a bit of a stress reliever. If I have a bad day, I often come home and scrapbook. I can make something that looks nice and I feel like I have accomplished something good that day! :) I have a new addition (Which I already blogged about) – My wonderful Cricut scrapbook companion. It makes all things scrapbooking – better and faster! LOVE IT! :)
Wow, I made fun of Melinda for writing so much and now I am in her same shoes – sorry Melinda! :) Barlow’s are just long winded! :) Okay, so I get to tag three people – I want to hear from Melinda R, Jamie S, and Corrine. Happy Blogging everyone!

9 comments:
so fun!! i guess i know you well because i knew all of those things!!! :D
I didn't realize you liked SVU. Psych and Monk are actually pretty funny. I don't watch either often but I have liked them. Of course when you are looking forward to SVU I can see how you would be diappointed.
Well, we must be sisters because I knew all of those things! I did laugh on the stuffed animal thing. You and I will always be opposite when it comes to stuffed animals! :)
It was fun to read!
what are you talking about Psych is GREAT! zack & i love it! if you ever want to see zack laugh really hard put on psych.
the stuffed animal thing, i am not into them AT ALL.
it was fun to read, like r & m said i know you really well. :)
Corrine loves MONK. I enjoyed your updates and I guess I, too, know you well!
Don't worry, mine is now equally as long. I will never forget the first time I met you in your happy yellow jacket! You are adorable!
every time my little girl gets stuck with yellow whatever (ie: cup, plate, crayon, etc.) I tell her that I know a girl whose favorite color is yellow because it's like sunshine. i think that was the interesting thing you told our primary class about you when you moved into the ward and I've remembered it all these years. how old were we, 7, 8?
Okay, I saw this the other day but read it tonight! Always fun to read about your interest and hobbies! I see yellow and I think of Kate! You are so talented and creative with the scrapbooking!
Love it all Kate - you are awesome.
Post a Comment