Sunday, January 13, 2008

Remembering the Good Old Days!


Well, in January - I always think of Sandi Potter. Her birthday is Jan 7th. Why or how do I remember this, you ask? Well, I am a big fan of birthdays and I remember my first Jan 7th in Camarillo, CA. My family moved to Camarillo in December (when I was 7, just about 8). Wonderful Sandi was the first person I remember saying hello to me at church. A couple weeks later she invited me to her birthday party and Golf-N-Stuff! I will never forget how excited I was when the doorbell rang and it was for ME! It was Sandi personally bringing me an invite to her party! Since then, we were good friends! Atalie moved in a year later and we all became good friends. We would always ride our bikes to school together and later carpooled to stake dances together!

Jamie inspired me to look for old photos and scan them for my blog. This one is at a New Beginnings Jamie and I were in charge of for one of our Laurel Projects. Any time Atalie, Jamie and I get together, I always think of Sandi. I always thought the four of us would stay good friends! I know Sandi is doing great things where she is and the rest of us are trying to make it through all our fun daily things!



I love this picture of Sandi and I. This was at our Seminary graduation. Sandi was always happy and so much fun! Crazy how young we look, do I sound old, or what?! :)

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Thanks for the post, Kate.

MEB said...

Neat memories. I love seeing the old pictures. It seems like just yesterday we were all in Young Women's.

Leslie said...

I've been thinking of Sandi as well. Remembering when we did that lip sync and played "air instruments" wearing bowling shirts for the ward party. Good Times. I've also been thinking of Terri too, her birthday is next month. I lived with the Potter's before I got married and Terri & I were able to do some fun things together.

Zachary Bird said...

Thanks! That was fun to see a picture of Sandi.

Tamster said...

Hi! I ran across your blog and thought I'd say hello. I don't know whether you remember me or not. I appreciated this post about Sandi. I have wondered how all the Potters are doing. Do you know anything about Scott and Liz Potter these days--where they are, what they're doing, anything?
Where are you living these days? What are you up to? I hope all is well. If you'd like, you can check out my blog at familyintheclouds.blogspot.com.
:-)
Tami (Kelly) Gooch

Corrine Barlow said...

This brought back neat memories. What a great idea to scan in old pictures. Thank you for sharing.