
So, believe it or not - - I went snowboarding for the first time!! Okay, I don't know if I should say I really went - I attempted and sort of went snowboarding for the first time!
I have always thought it would be fun to try to ski and/or snowboard. The only problem is that no one wants to take the new person. If they are going to pay good money to be there and be on the mountain, they want to go at their own pace and not try to teach you. So, I have never gone. I could go get lessons, but I would still want someone to do that with - so it has never happened. Well, during our New Years Eve dinner, I was talking to a guy in the ward about how snow would be more pleasant and less annoying if I had a snow sport. He asked if I had ever tried and I explained no because of the above reasons. He said that he was not that good so he would not mind taking me sometime and teaching me as best as he could. I said okay, but never planned on him following through (others have said this in the past and it has never happened).
Long story short, he followed through (surprisingly) and we went. I have to say, it is WAY HARDER than it looks. I was exhausted and I had to swallow some serious pride. I can usually pick up on things fairly fast, but I am not good at snow boarding! In my defense, he took me straight to the top of the mountain (I thought we'd do the "bunny hill" first. So, needless to say, I was super nervous! We were so high up, it was dark (we went night skiing) and I could not stay on my feet! :)
After all is said and done, I really did have a lot of fun. My friend who took me gets the award for the most patience I have ever seen in a person - EVER! He was very kind, encouraging and patient! I do want to try again and maybe start on the smaller hill rather than the mountain next time. I really do want to do better and improve. Sorry there are no pictures - we were already running late and time is money in this situation.

5 comments:
awesome! i really want to go snowboarding but same thing i don't want to be the only not knowing what to do.
Way to go Kate! That is super cool you were crazy and adventurous!
Way to go!!
Go kate! I am impressed.
You are very brave! Way to Go!
Post a Comment